Contacting Cary Town Hall Is As Easy As Dialing 311!

311 is Cary's new way to easily make a non-emergency request for service or have a general question answered. It's your direct connection into Town Hall to get what you need from any department, whether it's reporting a missed curbside collection, asking a question about your utility bill, getting information about nearby rezoning, and much more. If you require emergency service, please dial 911.

Citizen Advocates are standing by to work on behalf of our citizens as we navigate Town Hall's many services together. Simply dial 311 from within town limits or (919) 469-4000 outside Cary.

We understand that phone calls aren't always the most convenient way to get assistance. You may also start a 311 service request through the online services portal or by sending an email.

Requests made by email may take up to one business day to receive a response. 

What to Expect When Using 311Cary

311 serves as a central line for all non-emergency Town services. When you call weekdays from 7 a.m.-7 p.m., a Citizen Advocate will either answer your question or create a service request/work order; a tracking number will be generated should you wish to track your request.

If a Citizen Advocate is unable to fulfill your request on the spot, they will assist you in navigating the many departments and functional areas of Cary Town Hall, ensuring you are directly connected to the best person who can help. This means Cary citizens, visitors, and businesses don't have to spend time trying to find the right group or individual to get what they need.


After hours, citizens calling 311 can report a water or sewer emergency. All other after hours requests are best handled via the online services portal.

When NOT to Call 311Cary

311 does not replace a request for emergency services. Please call 911 in the event of an emergency, including but not limited to fire, injury, or a crime in progress.